This collection is emptyView all products
Vape pens have taken over the market by storm. Their small cylindrical shape makes them discreet and portable.
Other than the excellent vaping experience that vape pens offer, they are also a fashion statement. The pens are often elegantly designed with various finishes to appeal to the taste of different vapers.
The pens are thought to have first been invented in the 1960s by an inventor called Herbert A. Gilbert. The first electronic cigarette was patented in 1963. However, despite the revolutionary engineering, the devices did not pick momentum until recently.
Benefits of Using Vape Pens
There are other devices you can use when vaporising. However, vape pens are the most commonly preferred. Why?
- Vape pens are easy to use – With vape pens, you don't need to worry about the details. You need to make sure your device is charged and filled with your preferred liquids or herbs and you can fire away. This ease of use makes vape pens more preferred even by vaping newbies.
- Convenient and portable – Vaping pens are small, lightweight and hence portable. This makes them ideal for users who are always on the road. There are also varieties like disposable vape pens that come prefilled with the preferred liquid that you can use when travelling.
- Affordable – Vape pens don't require a lot of parts to work. This makes buying and maintaining the pen more affordable compared to box mod and other vaping devices.
- Less odour – Vape pens vaporise as opposed to combusting. Because the smoke is removed from the equation, less odour is produced, which dissipates faster than in the case of smoking.
Types of Vape Pens
Vape pens are not all built equal. The type of vape pen you buy depends on what you want to vape. Here are a few of the most common types of vape pens.
- Vape pens for e-liquids – Most vape pens in the market are designed for e-liquids. These types of pens offer better performance compared to e-cigarettes and definitely a better experience. The pens retain a relatively small size and have gathered a loyal following among vapers who prefer to use the vape pens for e-liquid vaping as opposed to box mods.
- Vape pens for dry herb – Initially, most vape pens were designed for use with dry herbs. However, these early devices were poorly designed and crude to say the least. Currently, there are better designed modern vape pens for herbs that enthusiasts attest to their performance and convenience.
- Vape pens for concentrates – There are vapes pens for vaping oil and wax. The vape pens used to vape oil have a wick and coil system while the wax vape pens have a ceramic bowl that holds a coil. The wax is placed in the ceramic bowl where it is vaporised.
- Multi-function vape pens – Multi-function vape pens are a relatively new addition to the vaping market. The pens are designed to vape two or more different substances. The pens have special cartridges that can be switched out depending on what you want to vape. You can find 2-in-1 vape and 3-in-1 vape pens that can handle all the substances as mentioned above.