12 Monkeys Across Vape ALLO Alpha AMA Vape Lab Anarchist Aroma King Artery Aspire AWT Bad Drip Labs Bad Panda Bar Blends Series Bar Juice Bar Salts Bar Series Bare Fruits Bare Sherbets Barista Brew Co Barless Salts Bazooka Vape Bear State Bear State Vapor Beard Vapes Bella Ciao Vapes Beyond E-Liquids Big Bold Billionaire Juice Bloom Blow White BLU BP Mods Bubble E-liquids Bubonic Candy King Canna Cotton Charlie's Chalkdust Chill Chuffed Clotted Dreams Cloud Café Cloud Candy Cloud Island Cloud Thieves Clown Coil Master Coil Spill Coils by Scott Cookie Nutz Cosmic Fog Cotton & Cable Cotton Bacon Cotton Gods Crusher Crystal Clear Cthulhu Mods Cuttwood Damn Vape Daze Deathwish Modz Depper Cola Co. Dinner Lady Dodo Donut King Doozy Vape Co Dotmod Double Drip Dough Bros Dough King Dovpo Dr Vapes Dr. Drizzle Dripping Desserts DripX Vapour Drop DRS E-FOG Efest Efinity Labs Eleaf Electronic Cigarettes Ltd Element Eliquid Elf Bar Elux EUC Exceptional Vapes Fantasi Feast Treats Five Pawns Fizzy Bubbily Fizzy Juice Flatwire Flawless Flawless Vape Shop Forbidden Exotic Forbidden Fruits FreeMax French Dude Froot Frooti Tooti Frostbite Frozen Freaks Fruit Drop Fruit Monster Frukt Cyder Frumist Frunk Bar Fryd Fugly Furious Fish Fuzz Geek Bar Geek Vape Glas Got Salts Handcrafted Juice Co. Prohibition Hangsen Bar Fuel Happy Vibes Hayati Heaven Haze Hell Vape Hex Hi Drip Hippo Vapes Hohm Tech Holy Cow Horizon Vape Humble HYLA Hyper Bar HYPPE iBaccy Ignite IMP JAR Innevape Innokin insta bar Instafill IQOS Irresistible Vapes Isickle Island Vape UK IVG JAKD Jam Monster Jammin Joes Juice Joyetech Joytech Juice Co. Fugu Juice Head Juice Locker Juice Man Juice N Power Juice Roll-Upz Juice Sauz Juice Source Just Jam Just Juice JustFog Keep it 100 Kennedy Killa Fruits Killa Kandy Kilo Premium Kingston Kiwi LiquaVape Litejoy Little Dessert Loaded Lolly Vape Co Longship Promotions Lost Vape Lucky Thirteen Lush Mad Hatter Major Flavor Marina Vapes Micro Pod Milkshake Liquids Minute Man Vape Mixologist Molicel Momo Moo Shake Moreish Puff Moti Moti Play Mr Vapour My E-Liquids Myle Vapor NAKED nanoSTIX Nasty Juice Nevoks NIC NIC Nitecore Nitro No Frills Nom Nomz Nude Eliquids OBS ODB Juice OFRF Ohm Boy E-liquids Ohm Brew Ohm Zone Old Malt One Hit Wonder OneVape Orange County Origin E-Juice Oxbar Oxva Pablo Cake Shop Pancake man Peaked Perfect Vape Philly Vape Society LLC Pixie Juice PNUT Pod Fuel Pod Salt PRIZM Prohibition Puff Dragon Puffin Rascal Pukka Juice Pura Vapor PURP Purple Haze Ramsey E-Liquids RandM Razz & Jazz Re Peeled Rebel x Bogan Red Liquids Reewape Relx Retro Joes Rincoe Ripe Vapes Rockstar Vape Ruthless E-Juice Salt Nix Samsung Seriously Donuts Seriously Fruity Seriously Fusionz Seriously Nice Seriously Slushy Seriously Soda Shake And Vape Sigelei Sinowatt SKE Skwezed Slushie Mega Smoant Smok SMPO Snowplus SnowWolf Soda Gasm Solar Juice Solo+ SOLT Stax Steep Lyfe Strapped Suck It Suicide Bunny Suicide Mods Suorin Supergood Surreal Vapes Sweet Like Salt Sweet Spot Sweet Tooth Swig SXMini T Juice TAOV TAOV Cloud Chaser Tasty Flavors Tauren Team 120 Tecc Tenten The Custard Company The Daily Grind The Fog Clown The Juice Lab The Kings Custard The Milkman The Slush Machine The Swag Project The Yorkshire Vaper thirst e-liquid Thunderhead Creations True Vaping Twist E-liquid Twisted Juice Uncommon Unreal UWELL Vampire Vape Vandy Vape Vap Procell Vapcell Vape Any Wear Vape Crusaders Vape Distillery Vape Gold Vapefly Vapeman Vapengin Vaper Treats Vapers Vaperz Cloud Vapes Bars Vapetasia Vaporesso Vapsi VFEEL VGOD Viking Vintage Juice Viper Voom Voopoo Vozol VYKO Whipped Wick Liquor WIRICE Wismec Wiz Vapor Wonutz WOTOFO X Series Xtar Xtreme Juice Yeti ELiquid Yogi Zap Juice Zebra Juice Zeltu Zeus Juice
Are Nicotine Salts Safe?
Nicotine salts are a form of nicotine found in tobacco leaves. They occur naturally among other compounds found in the same plant.
By adding nicotine salts to e-liquids, vapers can replicate smoking tobacco more closely. Vapers with a preference for nicotine salts are those that are former smokers. The close resemblance with the smoking experience means former smokers find it easier to quit the habit.
While the salts have their benefits and some vapers have quickly adopted the new craze, they are not suitable for everyone just as with anything in the vaping circles.
If you haven't tried nicotine salts, you need to know the pluses and minuses and if they are safe before you decide to try them out.
Benefits of Nicotine Salts
- Compared to nicotine-infused vape juices, nicotine salts deliver more nicotine with each puff. This allows vapers to save more on vape juices and for smokers using e-cigs to stop smoking, the experience is smoother.
- Nicotine salts mimic an experience that is similar to smoking. It’s the same experience smokers are looking for when they start vaping. Because of how close the experience is, smokers can quit smoking with ease.
- Nicotine salts counter throat hit. With normal vape juices, the higher the concentration of nicotine, the harder the throat hit. With nicotine salts, you can vape higher concentration without setting your throat on fire.
- You don’t need to invest in bigger and more expensive vaping hardware. Nicotine salts work perfectly with small devices like vape pens and pod systems.
What’s the Difference Between Nicotine salts and Freebase Nicotine?
Freebase nicotine was invented in the 1960s and is unprotonated. The compound is designed to make cigarettes stronger and more addictive.
After intense research by Phillip Morris, ammonia was added to the mix to make tobacco blends more potent. The nicotine found in vape liquids is also made in the same way.
Nicotine salts are different. They are stable and available organically. But, they are not extremely bioavailable. Unlike the freebase counterparts, nicotine salts are not absorbed as quickly into the human body. Nicotine salts are also not as addictive as freebase nicotine which is stripped of all its protons to increase its bioavailability.
In a nutshell, nicotine salts mimic the experience of nicotine without the rapid absorption into the body or the addiction that comes with freebase or unprotonated nicotine.
Are Nicotine Salts Bad for You?
It’s okay to be cautious about new products in the vaping market. With so many innovations, you have to wonder what is safe and what is not.
Nicotine salts are as safe as freebase nicotine if we don’t count its addictive properties. If you like to have your vape juice with a little nicotine in it, there’s no concern whatsoever going for a variety that packs nicotine salts instead of freebase nicotine.
Why not also read: How Much Nicotine In a Vape?
While nicotine salts are safe, you should be aware that they can be potentially addictive compared to nicotine-free vape juice, vape juice containing these salts can be more addictive by virtue of the higher concentrations. They have a higher nicotine blood level and trigger neurochemical reactions faster. It’s best to start with the lowest concentrations possible.
Who Should Consider Using Nicotine Salts?
Up to this point, it’s certain that nicotine salts are not everyone’s cup of tea. Initially, they were introduced by the JUUL group and targeted towards vapers looking to quit smoking cigarettes. That said, the decision to try nicotine salts should be well informed.
Why not also read: Does Vape Juice Expire or Go Bad?
You can consider using nicotine salts if:
- You are a transitioning smoker, you want the strongest e-liquid and regular vape juices are not getting the job done.
- You are a seasoned vaper looking for a smoother experience especially if you’re using a sub-ohm tank. If this is the case, use low concentrations.
- You’re looking to get more value for your money by getting stronger hits while using less vape juice
- You’re a stealth vaper and like keeping everything discreet even your hits.
Are There any Downsides to Using Nicotine Salts?
It would be false to say there are no downsides to using nicotine salts. There are a few but, not anything you should be concerned about.
- They are hard to find – they haven’t hit the mainstream of vaping yet so they can be a little bit hard to find compared to regular vape juices. You will discover that selections are limited and the flavours are not as robust as those of regular vape juices. If you really want a nicotine salt based vape juice, you might have to simplify your taste.
- Work best with selected devices – regular vape juices work with virtually every device. But, nicotine salts are more obscure and may not work with cheap vaping equipment. They also work better with low-power vaping hardware.
- Not for cloud chasers – Cloud chasers might have to sit this one out. It is harder to produce intense clouds of vapour with nicotine salt vape juices and if you try, it might leave your throat feeling less than its best. Stick to traditional vape juices if you love blowing away the competition.
Are Nicotine Salts Here to Stay?
The vaping market is unpredictable. A lot of innovations have shown promise only to lose traction after a few months. The only certain thing is that nicotine salts are covering a market gap at the moment.
They have made vaping more attractive to beginner vapers who are running away from smoking cigarettes.
However, it’s not likely that they will completely replace regular vape juices. Cloud chasing is still a big part of vaping and nicotine salts are short-handed in this area. They might end up grabbing some market share and keeping a sizeable click of loyalists. Given the uptake, more manufacturers will definitely start offering them in more flavours.