12 Monkeys 2 Fruity 3 Fruits ALLO Alpha AMA Vape Lab Anarchist Aria Vape Aroma King Artery Aspire AWT Bad Drip Labs Baked and Shaked Bar Salts Bar Series Bare Fruits Barista Brew Co Bazooka Vape Bear State Bear State Vapor Beard Vapes Beco Mate Bella Ciao Vapes Beyond E-Liquids Big 5 Juice Co. Big Tasty Billionaire Juice Bloom Blow White BLU Bogan Brews Bubble E-liquids Bubonic Burst Calypso Candy King Candy Man Canna Cotton Capella Charlie's Chalkdust Chuffed Cloud Café Cloud Candy Cloud of Icarus Cloud Thieves Clown Coastal Clouds Coil Master Coil Spill Coilology Cookie Nutz Corepro Cosmic Fog Cotton & Cable Cotton Bacon Cotton Gods Cream Team Crusher Custom Vapes cuttwood Daze Deathwish Modz Depper Cola Co. Digiflavor Dinner Lady Donut King Doozy Vape Co Dotmod Double Drip Dough Bros Dough King Dovpo Dr Vapes Dr. Drizzle Drip Fuel Dripp Mini Dripping Desserts DripX Vapour Drop DRS E-FOG Efest Efinity Labs Eleaf Electronic Cigarettes Ltd Element Eliquid Elf Bar Elux EUC Fantasi Ferrum City Liquids Fizzy Bubbily Fizzy Juice Flatwire Flava Co Flawless Flawless Vape Shop flawlessvapeshop.co.uk Fomo Forbidden Fruits Frax Labs FreeMax French Dude Froot Frooti Tooti Frostbite Frozen Freaks Fruit Drop Fruit Gasm Fruit Monster Frukt Cyder Frumist Frunk Bar Fryd Fumy Tech Furious Fish Future Juice Fuzz G. Spot Geek Bar Geek Vape Glas Got Salts Half Moon Handcrafted Juice Co. Prohibition Hawaiian Punch Heaven Haze Hell Vape Hi Drip Hippo Vapes Hohm Tech Holy Cow Horizon Vape Horny Flava Humble Hustle Plus HYLA HYPPE Plus iBaccy Ignite iJoy Innevape Innokin IQOS Isickle Island Vape UK IVG IVUK Cotton Jam Monster Jammin Joes Juice Jolly Ranger Joyetech Joytech Juice Burst Juice Devils Juice Head Juice Locker Juice Man Juice N Power Juice N' Power Juice Punch Juice Roll-Upz Juice Sauz Juice Source Juicy Salts Just Jam Just Juice Keep it 100 Kennedy Killa Fruits Killa Kandy Kilo Premium King's Crown Kings Crest Kingston LiquaVape Litejoy Loaded Lollidrip Lolly Vape Co Longship Promotions Lost Vape Love Vape Lucky Thirteen Luna Lush LVL Mad Hatter Mad Man Major Flavor Marina Vapes Mike & Ike Milkshake Liquids Mixologist Moebius Momo Mondo Moo Shake Moreish Puff Mr Vapour Mrs Fields My E-Liquids Myle Vapor N One NAKED nanoSTIX Nasty Juice Nerds Nexus Nitecore Nitro No Frills Nom Nomz Nomenon Norseman Num Skullz OBS OFRF OG E-Liquids OHM BOY (BOTANICS) Ohm Zone One Hit Wonder OneVape Only E-Liquids Ossem Juice Over Loaded Over The Border Oxva Pancake man Philly Vape Society LLC PNUT Pod Salt Premium Labs Prohibition Puff Dragon Puffin Rascal Pukka Juice Purge Mods PURP Purple Haze Ramsey E-Liquids Rap Snacks Razz & Jazz Red Liquids Reese's Reewape Retro Joes Reymont Rincoe Riot Labs Riot Squad Rockstar Vape Route Ruthless E-Juice Salt Nix Samsung Secrets Lab Seriously Donuts Seriously Fruity Seriously Nice Seriously Slushy Seriously Soda Shake And Vape Sigelei SKE Skinz Skwezed Smoant Smok Smokey Joes Vape Co SnowWolf Soda Gasm Soda Seriously Solar Juice Solo+ SOLT Sour Patch Stars & Stripes Stax Steep Lyfe Strapped Suicide Suicide Bunny Supergood Surreal Vapes Sweet Spot Sweet Tarts Sweet Tooth Swig SXmini T Juice Taffy Man Tango TAOV TAOV Cloud Chaser Tasty Flavors Tauren Team 120 Tecc The Custard Company The Daily Grind The Fog Clown The Juice Lab The Kings Custard The Milkman The Secret Garden The Slush Machine The Swag Project The Yorkshire Vaper thirst e-liquid Timesvape Top Vape True Vaping Twirl Twist E-liquid Twizzlers UWELL Vandy Vape Vap Procell Vapcell Vape Any Wear Vape Crusaders Vape Distillery Vapefly Vaper Treats Vapers Vaperz Cloud Vapes Bars Vapetasia Vapirit Vapito Vaporesso Vapouriz Labs VGOD Viking Vintage Juice Viper VOAK Voom Voopoo Vozol Warheads Whipped Wick Liquor WIRICE Wismec Wonutz WOTOFO X Bar X Series Xtar Xtreme Juice Yami Vapor Yeti ELiquid Yogi Zap Juice Zebra Juice Zeltu Zeus Juice
Are Nicotine Salts Safe?
Nicotine salts are a form of nicotine found in tobacco leaves. They occur naturally among other compounds found in the same plant.
By adding nicotine salts to e-liquids, vapers can replicate smoking tobacco more closely. Vapers with a preference for nicotine salts are those that are former smokers. The close resemblance with the smoking experience means former smokers find it easier to quit the habit.
While the salts have their benefits and some vapers have quickly adopted the new craze, they are not suitable for everyone just as with anything in the vaping circles.
If you haven't tried nicotine salts, you need to know the pluses and minuses and if they are safe before you decide to try them out.
Benefits of Nicotine Salts
- Compared to nicotine-infused vape juices, nicotine salts deliver more nicotine with each puff. This allows vapers to save more on vape juices and for smokers using e-cigs to stop smoking, the experience is smoother.
- Nicotine salts mimic an experience that is similar to smoking. It’s the same experience smokers are looking for when they start vaping. Because of how close the experience is, smokers can quit smoking with ease.
- Nicotine salts counter throat hit. With normal vape juices, the higher the concentration of nicotine, the harder the throat hit. With nicotine salts, you can vape higher concentration without setting your throat on fire.
- You don’t need to invest in bigger and more expensive vaping hardware. Nicotine salts work perfectly with small devices like vape pens and pod systems.
What’s the Difference Between Nicotine salts and Freebase Nicotine?
Freebase nicotine was invented in the 1960s and is unprotonated. The compound is designed to make cigarettes stronger and more addictive.
After intense research by Phillip Morris, ammonia was added to the mix to make tobacco blends more potent. The nicotine found in vape liquids is also made in the same way.
Nicotine salts are different. They are stable and available organically. But, they are not extremely bioavailable. Unlike the freebase counterparts, nicotine salts are not absorbed as quickly into the human body. Nicotine salts are also not as addictive as freebase nicotine which is stripped of all its protons to increase its bioavailability.
In a nutshell, nicotine salts mimic the experience of nicotine without the rapid absorption into the body or the addiction that comes with freebase or unprotonated nicotine.
Are Nicotine Salts Bad for You?
It’s okay to be cautious about new products in the vaping market. With so many innovations, you have to wonder what is safe and what is not.
Nicotine salts are as safe as freebase nicotine if we don’t count its addictive properties. If you like to have your vape juice with a little nicotine in it, there’s no concern whatsoever going for a variety that packs nicotine salts instead of freebase nicotine.
Why not also read: How Much Nicotine In a Vape?
While nicotine salts are safe, you should be aware that they can be potentially addictive compared to nicotine-free vape juice, vape juice containing these salts can be more addictive by virtue of the higher concentrations. They have a higher nicotine blood level and trigger neurochemical reactions faster. It’s best to start with the lowest concentrations possible.
Who Should Consider Using Nicotine Salts?
Up to this point, it’s certain that nicotine salts are not everyone’s cup of tea. Initially, they were introduced by the JUUL group and targeted towards vapers looking to quit smoking cigarettes. That said, the decision to try nicotine salts should be well informed.
Why not also read: Does Vape Juice Expire or Go Bad?
You can consider using nicotine salts if:
- You are a transitioning smoker, you want the strongest e-liquid and regular vape juices are not getting the job done.
- You are a seasoned vaper looking for a smoother experience especially if you’re using a sub-ohm tank. If this is the case, use low concentrations.
- You’re looking to get more value for your money by getting stronger hits while using less vape juice
- You’re a stealth vaper and like keeping everything discreet even your hits.
Are There any Downsides to Using Nicotine Salts?
It would be false to say there are no downsides to using nicotine salts. There are a few but, not anything you should be concerned about.
- They are hard to find – they haven’t hit the mainstream of vaping yet so they can be a little bit hard to find compared to regular vape juices. You will discover that selections are limited and the flavours are not as robust as those of regular vape juices. If you really want a nicotine salt based vape juice, you might have to simplify your taste.
- Work best with selected devices – regular vape juices work with virtually every device. But, nicotine salts are more obscure and may not work with cheap vaping equipment. They also work better with low-power vaping hardware.
- Not for cloud chasers – Cloud chasers might have to sit this one out. It is harder to produce intense clouds of vapour with nicotine salt vape juices and if you try, it might leave your throat feeling less than its best. Stick to traditional vape juices if you love blowing away the competition.
Are Nicotine Salts Here to Stay?
The vaping market is unpredictable. A lot of innovations have shown promise only to lose traction after a few months. The only certain thing is that nicotine salts are covering a market gap at the moment.
They have made vaping more attractive to beginner vapers who are running away from smoking cigarettes.
However, it’s not likely that they will completely replace regular vape juices. Cloud chasing is still a big part of vaping and nicotine salts are short-handed in this area. They might end up grabbing some market share and keeping a sizeable click of loyalists. Given the uptake, more manufacturers will definitely start offering them in more flavours.