12 Monkeys 3 Fruits 4NX 73 Juice 7th Floor AMA Vape Lab AWT Absolute E-Juice Acrohm Alpha Alt Zero Anarchist Aria Vape Artery Asmodus Aspire Asvape Augvape Aura BLU Bad Drip Labs Barista Brew Co Beard Vapes Big 5 Juice Co. Big ML Club Billionaire Juice Binary Black Market Blameless Juice Co. Bogan Brews Bomb Bombz Bomb Bonz Bomb Sauce Boost Labs Bright Burst Cali Salts Candy Corner Candy King Canna Cotton Captains Custard Charlie's Chalkdust Chubby Bubble Vapes Chubby Gorilla Chubby Treatz Cider Farms Circus Cloud Kicker Cloud Thieves Cloud of Icarus Clown Coastal Clouds Coffee Coil Glaze Coil Master Coil Spill Coilology Cornish Liquids Cosmic Fog Cotton & Cable Cotton Bacon Cotton Gods Cotton Kissed Crusher Custom Vapes DRS Deathwish Modz Digiflavor Dinner Lady Doozy Vape Co Dotmod Double Drip Dough Bros Dovpo Dr Fog Dr Vapes Dr. Frost E Vapor Labs EUC EZ Cloud Company Ecig Vapers Efest Efinity Efinity Labs Ehpro Ejuicedepo El Thunder Eleaf Electronic Cigarettes Ltd Element Eliquid Engage Ethos FRYD Famo Vape Fantasi Fizzy Juice Flatwire Flawless Flawless & Creamy Clouds Flawless Labs Flawless UK Vape Distribution Ltd Flawless Vape Shop Flawless x IVG Fog Addicts FreeMax Freestyle French Dude Fresh Pressed Froot Frozen Freaks Fruk Frukt Cyder Frumist Furious Fish Fuzz Fyre Elixirs Geek Vape Gelato Glas Got Milk Got Salts Half Moon Handcrafted Juice Co. Prohibition Hell Vape Hi Drip Hohm Tech Horizon Vape Horny Flava Humble Hustle Plus I VG IS IT TRUE LIQUIDS IVG IVUK Cotton Illusions Illusions Vapor Innevape Innokin Isickle Island Vape UK Jam Monster Joecig Technology Joes Juice Joyetech Joytech Ju2ce Juice Burst Juice Devils Juice Head Juice Locker Juice Man Juice N Power Juice N' Power Juice Roll-Upz Juice Sauz Juice Source Juicy Salts Just Jam Just Juice Just Vapeit JustFog Kangertech Keep it 100 Kenji Kennedy Killa Fruits Kilo Premium King Kold Kings Crest Kingston LVL LiquaVape Lit 24 Seven Litejoy Loaded Lolly Vape Co Lost Vape Love Vape Lush Mad Hatter Mad Man Mad Rabbit Marina Vapes Medusa Milkshake Liquids Modfuel ELiquid Momo Monsta Vape Moreish Puff Mr Juicer Mr Macaron Mr Vapour My E-Liquids My Vapery Myle Vapor N One NAKED Nanna's Secrets Nasty Juice Next Big Thing Nitecore No Frills Nom Nomz Nomenon Num Skullz OBS OFRF OG E-Liquids OHM BOY (BOTANICS) Old Skool One Hit Wonder OneVape Only E-Liquids Orchid Vape Over Loaded Oxva PJ BROS Pancake man Panda Philly Vape Society LLC Premium Labs Prohibition Puff Dragon Puffin Rascal Pukka Juice Purge Mods Purple Haze Ramsey E-Liquids Rawkus Red Liquids Reds Retro Joes Rev Riot Squad Rockstar Vape Ruthless E-Juice SOLT SVRF SX Mini Samsung Sengoku Vapor Sex Bomb Shake And Vape Sigelei Silver Lining Vape Skwezed Smoant Smok Smoking Vapor Sno Cones SnowWolf Solar Juice Sony Space Jam Squid Industries Steep Lyfe Stentorian Vapor Strapped Suicide Suicide Mods Suorin Supergood Surreal Vapes Sweet Spot Sweet Tooth Swig TAOV Cloud Chaser Taffy Man Tasty Flavors Team 120 Teardrip Juice Tecc Terkish The Alchemist Cupboard The Custard Company The Daily Grind The Fog Clown The Old Barrels The Juice Lab The Kings Custard The Milkman The Slush Machine The Swag Project The Yorkshire Vaper Thick Oil Timesvape To The Max Top Vape Triton Distribution Twist E-liquids UWELL V'NILLA VGOD VOAK Vandy Vape Vap Procell Vape Any Wear Vape Crusaders Vape Distillery Vapeflava Vaper Treats Vaperizzo Vapers Vaperz Cloud Vapetasia Vaping American Made Products Vaporesso Vapouriz Labs Vaptito Viking Vintage Vape Vo Tech Voom Voopoo Vzone WOTOFO Waves Wick Liquor Wismec Wonutz Xomo Xtreme Juice Yacht Vape Yami Vapor Yeti ELiquid YiHi Yogi Zap Juice Zebra Juice Zeltu Zeus Juice cuttwood elego iJoy nanoSTIX thirst e-liquid
Are Nicotine Salts Safe?
Nicotine salts are a form of nicotine found in tobacco leaves. They occur naturally among other compounds found in the same plant.
By adding nicotine salts to e-liquids, vapers can replicate smoking tobacco more closely. Vapers with a preference for nicotine salts are those that are former smokers. The close resemblance with the smoking experience means former smokers find it easier to quit the habit.
While the salts have their benefits and some vapers have quickly adopted the new craze, they are not suitable for everyone just as with anything in the vaping circles.
If you haven't tried nicotine salts, you need to know the pluses and minuses and if they are safe before you decide to try them out.
Benefits of Nicotine Salts
- Compared to nicotine-infused vape juices, nicotine salts deliver more nicotine with each puff. This allows vapers to save more on vape juices and for smokers using e-cigs to stop smoking, the experience is smoother.
- Nicotine salts mimic an experience that is similar to smoking. It’s the same experience smokers are looking for when they start vaping. Because of how close the experience is, smokers can quit smoking with ease.
- Nicotine salts counter throat hit. With normal vape juices, the higher the concentration of nicotine, the harder the throat hit. With nicotine salts, you can vape higher concentration without setting your throat on fire.
- You don’t need to invest in bigger and more expensive vaping hardware. Nicotine salts work perfectly with small devices like vape pens and pod systems.
What’s the Difference Between Nicotine salts and Freebase Nicotine?
Freebase nicotine was invented in the 1960s and is unprotonated. The compound is designed to make cigarettes stronger and more addictive.
After intense research by Phillip Morris, ammonia was added to the mix to make tobacco blends more potent. The nicotine found in vape liquids is also made in the same way.
Nicotine salts are different. They are stable and available organically. But, they are not extremely bioavailable. Unlike the freebase counterparts, nicotine salts are not absorbed as quickly into the human body. Nicotine salts are also not as addictive as freebase nicotine which is stripped of all its protons to increase its bioavailability.
In a nutshell, nicotine salts mimic the experience of nicotine without the rapid absorption into the body or the addiction that comes with freebase or unprotonated nicotine.
Are Nicotine Salts Bad for You?
It’s okay to be cautious about new products in the vaping market. With so many innovations, you have to wonder what is safe and what is not.
Nicotine salts are as safe as freebase nicotine if we don’t count its addictive properties. If you like to have your vape juice with a little nicotine in it, there’s no concern whatsoever going for a variety that packs nicotine salts instead of freebase nicotine.
Why not also read: How Much Nicotine In a Vape?
While nicotine salts are safe, you should be aware that they can be potentially addictive compared to nicotine-free vape juice, vape juice containing these salts can be more addictive by virtue of the higher concentrations. They have a higher nicotine blood level and trigger neurochemical reactions faster. It’s best to start with the lowest concentrations possible.
Who Should Consider Using Nicotine Salts?
Up to this point, it’s certain that nicotine salts are not everyone’s cup of tea. Initially, they were introduced by the JUUL group and targeted towards vapers looking to quit smoking cigarettes. That said, the decision to try nicotine salts should be well informed.
Why not also read: Does Vape Juice Expire or Go Bad?
You can consider using nicotine salts if:
- You are a transitioning smoker, you want the strongest e-liquid and regular vape juices are not getting the job done.
- You are a seasoned vaper looking for a smoother experience especially if you’re using a sub-ohm tank. If this is the case, use low concentrations.
- You’re looking to get more value for your money by getting stronger hits while using less vape juice
- You’re a stealth vaper and like keeping everything discreet even your hits.
Are There any Downsides to Using Nicotine Salts?
It would be false to say there are no downsides to using nicotine salts. There are a few but, not anything you should be concerned about.
- They are hard to find – they haven’t hit the mainstream of vaping yet so they can be a little bit hard to find compared to regular vape juices. You will discover that selections are limited and the flavours are not as robust as those of regular vape juices. If you really want a nicotine salt based vape juice, you might have to simplify your taste.
- Work best with selected devices – regular vape juices work with virtually every device. But, nicotine salts are more obscure and may not work with cheap vaping equipment. They also work better with low-power vaping hardware.
- Not for cloud chasers – Cloud chasers might have to sit this one out. It is harder to produce intense clouds of vapour with nicotine salt vape juices and if you try, it might leave your throat feeling less than its best. Stick to traditional vape juices if you love blowing away the competition.
Are Nicotine Salts Here to Stay?
The vaping market is unpredictable. A lot of innovations have shown promise only to lose traction after a few months. The only certain thing is that nicotine salts are covering a market gap at the moment.
They have made vaping more attractive to beginner vapers who are running away from smoking cigarettes.
However, it’s not likely that they will completely replace regular vape juices. Cloud chasing is still a big part of vaping and nicotine salts are short-handed in this area. They might end up grabbing some market share and keeping a sizeable click of loyalists. Given the uptake, more manufacturers will definitely start offering them in more flavours.